Travel Vaccines in Dublin City Centre
- Yellow Fever
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
Call us on (01) 873 59 59
Travel Vaccine Information
(A) Travel Vaccinations
Many travel related diseases can be prevented using vaccinations. Ideally get the vaccination 2 months before departure as some vaccines require more than one dose. Last minute travellers should still seek advice in order to get the vaccination.
- Exists in countries where standards of hygiene are poor.
- Spread by contaminated food or water and affects the liver.
- Two doses of the vaccine will protect you.
- Exists in countries where standards of hygiene are poor.
- Spreads by contaminated food or water and can cause severe illness.
- Single vaccine could provide protection for up to 3 years.
- Tetanus occus world wide and can be fatal.
- Tetanus spores in soil and could enter the body through cuts and scratches.
- Recommended tetanus vaccine for adults is combined with Diphtheria vaccine.
- Serious disease spread through coughing and sneezing.
- Recommended Diphtheria vaccine for adults is combined with tetanus vaccine.
- Exists in some developing countries due to poor sanitation.
- May cause paralysis and death.
- Booster vaccination provides protection for 10 years.
- Exists in parts of South America and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Spread by mosquitoes. Symptoms could be mild to severe and even could cause death.
- Some countries deny entry without proof of Yellow Fever vaccination.
- Yellow fever certificate is available at designated Yellow Fever centres including Jervis Medical centre and should be given at least 10 days before travelling.
- Yellow fever vaccine can be given from 9 months of age.
- Fatal disease which is present in most countries.
- Spread by the saliva from the bite or scratch of infected animals.
- Infected animals could look healthy.
- You will need 3 injections over 3 to 4 weeks.
- Despite having 3 vaccinations, if you are bitten abroad you will need further rabies vaccines and you should seek medical attention immediately.
- Attacks liver and is extremely infectious.
- Contracted through blood, blood transfusion, body piercing, sharing needles, tattoing, sex, bodily fluid such as semen.
- You will need 3 to 4 doses.
Travel Vaccines Package€165
- Doctors Consultation
- Hepatitis A
Travel health information for people travelling abroad: www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk
To make an appointment, contact us today on (01) 873 59 59
(B) Taking Care with Food and Water
- Remember to boil it, cook it, peel it or forget it.
- Drink bottled water at all times, if you have any doubts about the water; boil it or sterilise it with disinfectant tablets.
- Use bottled water for cleaning teeth, avoid ice, avoid salads, peel your fruits and avoid uncooked foods.
- Have oral hydration treatment such as dioralyte.
(C) Insect Bites & Mosquitos
- Insect and mosquito bites could cause serious diseases such as malaria, yellow fever, dengue fever and Japanese encephalitis.
- Cover your skin, wear trousers and long sleeves.
- Use insect repellent such as Deet based insect repellent.
- If necessary use mosquito nets impregnated with insect repellent.
- Use anti-malaria tablets if indicated.
(D) Anti-Malarial Medication
Malaria is a common and serious tropical disease transmitted by mosquito bites. Poor compliance with anti malarial tablets is the major reason for malaria in travellers.
Adverse effects to anti-malarial tablets are common, but most are minor.
You should remember that malaria tablets don’t provide full protection, so malaria prevention precautions are important such as:
- Preventing mosquito bites by covering up with clothing and using insect repellent.
- Comply with anti-malarial tablets.
- Fever or flu should be investigated as soon as possible.
(E) Avoid Dangerous Sports & Activities
contact us today on (01) 873 59 59.
Travel Vaccination Fees
|To make an appointment, contact us on (01) 873 59 59.|
|Package||€165||Hepatitis A, typhoid, tetanus + diptheria & polio|
|Yellow fever||€35 extra||yellow fever gives protection for life (except in certain group of people eg. immunosupressed – please discuss with the doctor)|
|1st Hep B||€40 extra|
|2nd Hep B||€45|
|3rd Hep B||€45|
|Meningitus ACWY||€80 extra|
|Rabies||€60||Rabies 2nd dose + 3rd dose = €60 each|
|Boostrix (tetanus, ditheria + pertusis)||€40||Recommended for pregnant ladies between 28-36weeks of pregnancy.If getting the whoooping cough vaccine with the flu vaccine €50|
|Dublin:||01 6711 633||or Locall: 1890 426 888|
|Cork:||021 4944 700||or Locall: 1890 426 900|
Renew your passport
Irish citizens can now renew their passport book, renew their Passport Card, or apply for their first Passport Card online using the dfa’s Online Passport Renewal Service.
|For more information or to book an appointment for a travel vaccination, contact us today on (01) 873 59 59.|
|Department of Foreign Affairs:||00353 1 4780 822|
|Health Service Executive:||1850 241 850|
|International Reverse Charge Calls Ireland
|1800 404 100|
|Bank of Ireland 24hr Lost / Stolen Credit Cards:||00353 567 757 007|
|AIB 24hr Lost/Stolen Credit Cards:||00353 1 6685 500|
|Permanent TSB 24hr Lost/Stolen Credit Cards:||00353 1 2157 333|
|International Emergency Number:||112 / 999|
|VHI:||00353 567 753 200|
|Hibernian Aviva:||00353 818 200 016|
|(Alternative Number)||00353 1 619 3620|
|Quinn Healthcare:||1890 700 890|
“Great place, go and see for yourself! This is not a Spa or a Restaurant. You get in, get the support you need, get out. Doctors are patient, competent and always nice! Going there since 2007 (vaccines, GP services, etc… – never a bad experience.”
Claudine Ron – January 2019
Other Services You Might be Interested In
Hear what our patients are saying...
"Handy place if you need a GP and you're in the city centre. I had a nasty burn and I was able to call in here and get seen on a work day evening. I rang at lunch time and made an appointment. Doctor was very nice and thorough. I could really trust her. Would definitely go here again."
"Been going there years and find the service there excellent. Doctors are thorough and professional. Would highly recommend."
“I have attended Jervis Medical Centre for over 15 yrs. I have found Dr. Haka and his team’s approach to patient care to be courteous, quite knowledgeable, professional and reassuring. Getting an appointment to be seen isn’t a hassle and are readily available. Follow up care and referral to relevant services are efficiently executed. I would definitely recommend attending this medical centre for your GP needs.”
"I’ve been with Jervis Medical Centre since 2009. It is indeed a great clinic with a very accomodating and polite staff. Dr. Hakhamanesh Nikookam is exceptionally thorough and professional. He certainly makes everything easy for me. He’s truly helpful. Highly recommended."
"Great place, go and see for yourself! This is not a Spa or a Restaurant. You get in, get the support you need, get out. Doctors are patient, competent and always nice! Going there since 2007 (vaccines, GP services, etc...) - never a bad experience."
"Highly recommended. I’ve been attending this medical centre for over ten years and would not attend anywhere else. Reception and Medical staff are friendly/approachable and extremely thorough. 5 stars well deserved!"
To make an appointment, contact us today on