Depo-Provera Injections in Dublin City Centre
It should ideally be given on the first or second day of your period. You should tell your doctor if you are taking any medication.
(150mg/ml) = (medroxyprogesterone acetate)
Benefits and possible side effects
- 99% effective.
- Effect lasts 12 weeks.
- Good choice if you keep forgetting to take the pill.
- Effects not reversible for the duration of injection.
- Possible weight gain.
- Possible slight increase risk of breast cancer.
- After a first injection you could experience spotting, irregular and possible lengthy bleeding.
- One third of women will have no period after the first injection.
- After few injections your period could stop completely but don’t worry, you could also experience irregular bleeding.
- Regular cycle and fertility may take a year or more to return after discontinuation of the depo injection.
- No protection against HIV and STD.
- Increases risk of osteoporosis.
You should not use Depo–Provera if you have any of the following conditions:
- Unusual vaginal bleeding of unknown cause.
- If you think you are pregnant.
- Blood clots in the legs, lungs or anywhere else.
- Cancer of the breast or sex organs.
- Liver problems.
- Allergy to Depo-Provera or its ingredients.
You should tell your doctor if you have the above conditions or suffering from migraine/headaches, depression, raised cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, family history of diabetes, asthma, epilepsy and kidney problems.
You should also read the appropriate leaflet that is usually enclosed with the depo-provera.
Other Services You Might be Interested In
Hear what our patients are saying...
"Handy place if you need a GP and you're in the city centre. I had a nasty burn and I was able to call in here and get seen on a work day evening. I rang at lunch time and made an appointment. Doctor was very nice and thorough. I could really trust her. Would definitely go here again."
"Been going there years and find the service there excellent. Doctors are thorough and professional. Would highly recommend."
“I have attended Jervis Medical Centre for over 15 yrs. I have found Dr. Haka and his team’s approach to patient care to be courteous, quite knowledgeable, professional and reassuring. Getting an appointment to be seen isn’t a hassle and are readily available. Follow up care and referral to relevant services are efficiently executed. I would definitely recommend attending this medical centre for your GP needs.”
"I’ve been with Jervis Medical Centre since 2009. It is indeed a great clinic with a very accomodating and polite staff. Dr. Hakhamanesh Nikookam is exceptionally thorough and professional. He certainly makes everything easy for me. He’s truly helpful. Highly recommended."
"Great place, go and see for yourself! This is not a Spa or a Restaurant. You get in, get the support you need, get out. Doctors are patient, competent and always nice! Going there since 2007 (vaccines, GP services, etc...) - never a bad experience."
"Highly recommended. I’ve been attending this medical centre for over ten years and would not attend anywhere else. Reception and Medical staff are friendly/approachable and extremely thorough. 5 stars well deserved!"
To make an appointment, contact us today on