STI Testing in Dublin City Centre
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
Call us on (01) 873 59 59
Sexual Transmitted Infections (STI)
Some Facts About STIs (STDs)
- Any sexually active person may be exposed to STI.
- STIs are common. Many infections remain dormant. People with STI may look and feel healthy.
- STIs could be passed through blood, blood transfusion, body piercing, sharing needles, tattoing, sex, bodily fluid such as semen.
- STI tests are simple and include testing for HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Syphilis, Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea.
- Most treatments are simple and painless.
People with HIV may have no symptoms.
Spread through blood, blood transfusion, body piercing, sharing needles, tattooing, sex, bodily fluid such as semen.
Contracted through blood, blood transfusion, body piercing, sharing needles, tattooing, sex, bodily fluid such as semen.
Female: 80% of women are symptom free, however could cause painful urination and vaginal discharge.
Male: Over 90% could have symptoms such as penile discharge and painful urination easily treated with antibiotics.
Men: Often have no symptoms.
Female: Frothy vaginal discharge, itch, painful urination. Treated with antibiotics.
- Stage 1 – Sores in genital area
- Stage 2 – Possible rash and flu like symptoms
- Stage 3 – If left untreated could cause damage to the heart, brain and vital organs.
HERPES (Herpes simplex virus - similar to common cold sore)
- Caused by fungal / yeast infection.
- Could affect men and women.
- May be associated with vaginal / penile itch.
- May cause white thick vaginal discharge.
- Once diagnosed could easily be treated.
- Caused by bacteria.
- Associated with vaginal discharge that could have fishy odour.
- Treated with specific antibiotics.
Walk-in STI Clinic in Dublin City Centre
Male STI testing involves:
- Blood Test
- Urethral sample from penis
- +/- Urine sample
Female STI testing involves:
- Blood test
- Vaginal / cervical sample
- +/- Urine sample
|* This includes consultation|
|To make an appointment, contact us on (01) 873 59 59.|
|This includes testing for HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Syphillis, Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea.||€120||
* Mon – Thur between 8.30am – 7pm.
Other Services You Might be Interested In
Hear what our patients are saying...
"Handy place if you need a GP and you're in the city centre. I had a nasty burn and I was able to call in here and get seen on a work day evening. I rang at lunch time and made an appointment. Doctor was very nice and thorough. I could really trust her. Would definitely go here again."
"Been going there years and find the service there excellent. Doctors are thorough and professional. Would highly recommend."
“I have attended Jervis Medical Centre for over 15 yrs. I have found Dr. Haka and his team’s approach to patient care to be courteous, quite knowledgeable, professional and reassuring. Getting an appointment to be seen isn’t a hassle and are readily available. Follow up care and referral to relevant services are efficiently executed. I would definitely recommend attending this medical centre for your GP needs.”
"I’ve been with Jervis Medical Centre since 2009. It is indeed a great clinic with a very accomodating and polite staff. Dr. Hakhamanesh Nikookam is exceptionally thorough and professional. He certainly makes everything easy for me. He’s truly helpful. Highly recommended."
"Great place, go and see for yourself! This is not a Spa or a Restaurant. You get in, get the support you need, get out. Doctors are patient, competent and always nice! Going there since 2007 (vaccines, GP services, etc...) - never a bad experience."
"Highly recommended. I’ve been attending this medical centre for over ten years and would not attend anywhere else. Reception and Medical staff are friendly/approachable and extremely thorough. 5 stars well deserved!"
To make an appointment, contact us today on